Construction litigation tends to involve sophisticated issues, reams of highly technical documents, multiple parties, and complex indemnity relationships. For over 80 years, Rhodes Hieronymus lawyers have a proven track record of success in litigating or resolving construction claims in Oklahoma and federal trial and appellate courts, and before administrative and regulatory tribunals, and arbitration panels.
Design professionals, general contractors and subcontractors consistently seek advice and guidance from our construction attorneys, from the project negotiation and teaming stages through the resolution of post-construction disputes. Several of our construction attorneys have devoted their careers to educating and advising the design and construction industries, efficiently resolving myriad complex construction disputes.
We represent contractors, subcontractors, materials suppliers, architects, fabricators, project engineers, property owners and developers in construction disputes. The breadth of projects we’ve been involved with is quite broad, including:
- • We specialize in construction defect cases alleging patent or latent defects due to defective work and materials, as well as other matters.
• We routinely litigate claims and disputes related to personal injury, unanticipated site conditions, failure of payment, and mechanic’s liens.
• We represent a host of contract-related litigation, including issues surrounding performance and payment bonds, mechanics’ liens, and stop notices.
Contract Negotiation and Strategic Planning
Our firm provides document preparation and solid direction to clients in all aspects of construction contract negotiations, including:
- Design professional services agreements
- Construction contract drafting and review
- Bid documentation and review
- Subcontracts and supply contracts
- Joint ventures, teaming agreements and public-private partnerships
Our experience spans a broad spectrum of project types, including new construction, renovations, modifications and temporary structures across industries. We have advised and represented clients in all types of legal forums, including state and federal courts, administrative hearings, mediations, and arbitrations in relation to:
- Power plants and transmission facilities
- Energy projects (upstream, midstream and downstream)
- Parking structures
- Residential developments
- Commercial buildings
- Municipal buildings and facilities
- Maritime structures
- Public works
- Sports facilities
- Health care facilities