Rebecca L. Newman is an associate in Rhodes Hieronymus. She primarily focuses on litigation with an emphasis on civil defense. She has a broad scope of experience from commercial litigation and insurance defense to product liability and trusts.
Ms. Newman earned her bachelors from the University of Oklahoma in 2005, graduating magna cum laude, with departmental honors. She received her law degree from the University of Tulsa in 2011. During her time in school she developed a heart for community outreach and volunteering. She was instrumental in the establishment of a lending library at St. Francis Children’s Hospital and in 2018, she celebrated the tenth anniversary of her founding “Reverse Trick or Treating” at the Children’s Hospital, where she and a group of volunteers dress in a costumed theme and deliver smiles and treats to struggling families with children unable to leave their beds.
Ms. Newman’s professional affiliations include the Oklahoma Bar Association, Tulsa County Bar Association, American Bar Association, Themis Advocates Group, and the Oklahoma Association of Defense Counsel.
- Undergraduate School: University of Oklahoma Graduated: 2005 Honors: Magna cum laude, departmental honors
- Law School: University of Tulsa College of Law Graduated: 2011
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Western, and Eastern Districts of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit
- The Supreme Court of the United States
- Muscogee (Creek) Nation District Court
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Themis Advocates Group
- Tulsa County Bar Association
- Oklahoma Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute