Field of Practice
Employment (all types)
BEST LAWYER SPECIALTY:
- Labor and Employment
Denelda L. Richardson
Denelda L. Richardson is a partner in Rhodes Hieronymus whose practice focuses on litigation and appellate practice, with an emphasis on claims of employment discrimination under both federal and state law.
Denelda Richardson earned her bachelors degree from Southern Nazarene University in 1996 and her law degree from University of Tulsa College of Law in 2003, with Highest Honors, Order of the Curule Chair. During law school Ms. Richardson was a member of Phi Delta Phi and the Women’s Law Caucus. She was first in her class at the conclusion of her first year of law school, and received Cali Awards in Civil Appellate Practice & Procedure; Jurisprudence; Advanced Legal Writing – Nonprofit Law Seminar; Legal Reasoning, Authorities & Writing II; and Trial Practice.
Ms. Richardson has extensive experience advising and representing employers from all types of businesses and industries on matters of discrimination and harassment (Title VII, ADA, ADEA, GINA, OADA), workers’ compensation retaliatory discharge, wage issues, personnel concerns and decisions, and other related areas. Her practice in the employment law area has encompassed claims before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Department of Labor investigations, as well as litigation in both state and federal court. Ms. Richardson’s experience also extends to appellate work in these areas. In addition to employment work, Ms. Richardson practices in the areas of products liability, civil rights, and Constitutional law issues.
Ms. Richardson’s professional affiliations include Oklahoma Bar Association; Tulsa County Bar Association; Oklahoma Association of Defense Counsel.
Undergraduate School: Southern Nazarene University
Honors: Magna cum laude
- Law School: University of Tulsa College of Law
Honors: Highest Honors, Order of the Curule Chair
Admitted to Practice
- The Supreme Court of the United States
- The Court of Federal Claims of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th and 10th Circuit
- The U.S. District Courts for the Western, Northern, and Eastern Districts of Oklahoma
- The U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas
- Cherokee Nation Tribal Courts
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Tulsa County Bar Association
- Oklahoma Association of Defense Counsel
- Served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Sven Erik Holmes of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma.