Oklahoma is rich in natural resources. The process of reaching those resources and bringing them to market sometimes can go wrong. Our environmental defense practice group
Our Experience Includes:
- Defended a multinational agribusiness against allegations that it and others destroyed an entire scenic river watershed over a period of decades.
- Obtained summary judgments for and dismissals of a PRP facing more than a dozen federal, state, tribal, class-action and individual lawsuits claiming that it was responsible for causing the largest Superfund site in the United States, including for claims of damage to land and personal injury.
- Defended a petroleum refining and marketing company at trial against claims that it released a toxic cloud of pollutants into the City of Tulsa.
- Defended a multinational chemicals company against dozens of claims of injury allegedly resulting from the negligent release of highly toxic gas at a manufacturing facility.
- Defended an environmental contractor against claims that it deliberately discharged raw sewage into a recreational waterway.
- Defended oil producers and pipeline operators against claims of damage caused by spills, intentional releases or accidents.
- Served as lead counsel for all non-PRP defendants in a Superfund cost recovery action.
- Brought claims of two major oil companies seeking recovery in a Superfund cost recovery action.